In this month’s coaching questions, This Naked Mind head coach Scott Pinyard welcomes TNM coach Emily Paulson. Emily specializes in helping women struggling with the effects of mommy wine culture.
Join Emily and Scott as they discuss the following listener’s questions:
- I’m thinking about changing my drinking but my biggest concern is the others in my mom’s group. We all tend to get together with wine. How can I navigate this change?
- My kids are 12 and 15 years old and are definitely at the age where drinking is coming up more in their social circles. What’s the best way to approach this conversation without sounding preachy or making it taboo?
- The main reason I drink is stress. I feel like so much revolves around me and my role as a mom. My glass of wine is the only thing getting me through the day. If I let go of drinking, how can I handle all the things that are thrown at me?
Tune in to hear the coaches tackle these tough questions. And find out how we can begin shifting the social norm of justifying our drinking to “survive parenthood”.
FREE 3-Day Virtual Event
Are you ready to make instant changes to your drinking? The answer is not in restriction or deprivation. And, you don’t need more self control. I am here to tell you that you can break your patterns and habits and finally feel liberated from alcohol. You can return to a life where alcohol is small and irrelevant for you, a non-issue, take it or leave it. In fact, Annie has three secrets to control your drinking and she and I are going to teach them all LIVE in a special 3-day FREE virtual event. Learn the Three Secrets to Control Your Drinking (and make changes instantly) live with us! Don’t miss this amazing event – learn more and save your spot today at ControlAlcoholLive.com. We can’t wait to see you there!
And as always, rate, review and subscribe to this podcast as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today!
Highlights of The Effects of Mommy Wine Culture
“I drink because you cry” is a common, silly quote used to create solidarity amongst mothers during the difficult times of parenthood. Check out the highlights to understand the impact:
- Cultural ideas and stories created around addictive substances seem to create bonds – Emily fell into this same trap as a young mother
- When Emily found herself continuously justifying her alcohol use – she started to question her true beliefs
- Now Emily has created a sober-curious and freedom-finding group called Sober Mom Squad. Where mom’s can discuss whether or not the “closeness” they feel to others in their drinking groups are truly deeply formed connections
- Instead of fearing a conversation about our desire not to drink, we can share our personal stories. This can help us find strength and confidence in the decision that we are making for ourselves
Listen to the entire podcast to hear Emily and Scott’s suggestions for alternative ways to deal with overload and overwhelming stress.
Share Your Story
Did This Naked Mind, The PATH, or The Alcohol Experiment help you find freedom from drinking? Share your story and you could be featured on an episode of This Naked Mind Podcast to inspire others. Find out how here!