I was honored to join Casey McGuire Davidson on the 100th episode of her Hello Someday Podcast to talk about how to shift your perspective on drinking so that you can gain control of alcohol and find freedom.
Shift Your Perspective on Drinking
Annie’s goal is to help you decide that alcohol is a substance that isn’t making your life better so that you’re able to walk away from alcohol painlessly, genuinely feeling that you no longer want or need to drink.
Tune into this episode to hear Casey and Annie discuss:
- The psychological, neurological, cultural, social, and industry factors that influence our desire to drink
- Why becoming aware of science-backed information can help us push back on the emotional conditioning we’ve experienced and find freedom from alcohol
- Why the message to “drink responsibly” was created by alcohol companies to shift the blame from the substance and shame the drinker for becoming dependent on an addictive substance
- Research which found alcohol to be the most harmful drug to individuals and society on the planet, outranking cocaine, heroin, and painkillers
- How to lean into triggers instead of avoiding them
- Why it’s a false choice to believe that you have only two options around alcohol: submit to a life of deprivation or continue to drink
- Why life without alcohol is a journey towards finding more peace in yourself and choosing to live awake
- How to explore the role of alcohol in your life from a low-stakes place of curiosity with This Naked Mind and The Alcohol Experiment
About the Hello Someday Podcast
The Hello Someday Podcast helps busy and successful women build a life they love without alcohol. Host Casey McGuire Davidson, a certified life coach and creator of The 30-Day Guide to Quitting Drinking, brings together her experience of quitting drinking while navigating work and motherhood. Along with the voices of experts in personal development, self-care, addiction and recovery, and self-improvement.
Whether you know you want to stop drinking and live an alcohol free life, are sober curious, or are in recovery this podcast is for you.
In each episode, Casey will share the tried and true secrets of how to drink less and live more.
Learn how to let go of alcohol as a coping mechanism.
How to shift your mindset about sobriety.
Change your drinking habits.
Create healthy routines to cope with anxiety, people-pleasing, and perfectionism
The importance of self-care in early sobriety,
and why you don’t need to be an alcoholic to live an alcohol-free life.