On today’s episode, we delve into one of the lesser thought-of TMS equivalents: addiction and alcohol use. I’m so honored to have had the opportunity to chat with perhaps the biggest subject matter expert in this field: Annie Grace. Annie is the author of a revolutionary book called This Naked Mind. She uses the work of Dr. John Sarno as inspiration for her work.
Years ago, Annie was dealing with a chronic lower back pain condition. Like many of us, Annie tried everything – to no avail. Someone recommended she read Healing Back Pain. The next day, she was able to pick up her kids for the first time in three years. In learning about the unconscious mind and the role that it plays in our pain, she had a realization. Was there a connection there with her alcohol use as well? She found that she was *consciously* wanting to curb her alcohol use. Yet a competing *unconscious* voice in her head would win out. Her work leads us to discover the unconscious processes present with alcohol consumption and how we can take back our control.
If you find that alcohol might be a bigger part of your life than you’d like, you might want to dip your toes into the idea of experimenting with lowering your alcohol consumption. Please check out Annie’s amazing FREE program: The Alcohol Experiment. In this community, she teaches you:
- Why we drink more than we want. How to acknowledge the fears that we usually have when we think about taking a break from alcohol…
- How to change your expectations and change your experience, while becoming more mindful of drinking
- A small experiment to do before you start the challenge.
- How to shift your mindset so you give yourself the power to have just 1, or avoid drinking at all
- The choice is entirely yours, not alcohol’s!