So often our society, culture, and those around us tell us that drinking regularly is normal. This is no different for this week’s guest. Janet went from drinking daily, to a decade of trying to moderate using willpower, to finding freedom from alcohol.
Tune in to listen to Janet share her journey from her first wakeup call to finding freedom decades later and everything in between.
If you are totally serious about actually truly and forevermore transforming your relationship with alcohol, really leaving it behind in the rear view mirror for once and forever more, and changing your psychology about it, we have a program called The PATH that is created specifically for you. Now it’s not for you if you are still dabbling or still trying to figure out where you want to be or maybe even still want to moderate.
All those things are fine, but if you are beyond that and you’re like, “No, I just want to be done with this. I’m ready to invest some time and I’m ready to just make this happen.” I want you to check out NakedMindPATH.com, and join us in The PATH where you can truly make this lasting change you want in your life. And as always, rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today!
Highlights of Drinking Culture – Janet G.’s Story
Listen to Janet share how drinking culture was the norm throughout most of her life until she was finally able to take control of her life.
- Janet shares her first wakeup call at 25 and her near death experience.
- Drinking every day and in large quantities was just a normal part of life throughout her first marriage.
- It wasn’t after Janet remarried in her 40s that she started to realize she drank more than others.
- Janet shares her experience during her decade of moderation using willpower.
- Listen to Janet share why AA wasn’t for her and what actually worked.
- Hear about Janet’s walking blackout experiences and when she realized she would lose about 6 hours of her day.
Listen to the entire podcast episode to hear about Janet’s journey to finding freedom from alcohol.
Share Your Story
Did This Naked Mind, The PATH, or The Alcohol Experiment help you find freedom from drinking? Share your story and you could be featured on an episode of This Naked Mind Podcast to inspire others. Find out how here!