Being a first responder can bring on a huge emotional toll. It can feel lonely being a public servant while struggling to control alcohol and feeling emotions of guilt and shame all at once. Find out the role trauma and alcohol played in Kat’s life to cope with the emotional difficulties of her job and how she has been able to find freedom from alcohol and still do the job she loves.
FREE 3-Day Virtual Event
Are you ready to make instant changes to your drinking? The answer is not in restriction or deprivation. And, you don’t need more self control. I am here to tell you that you can break your patterns and habits and finally feel liberated from alcohol. You can return to a life where alcohol is small and irrelevant for you, a non-issue, take it or leave it. In fact, Annie has three secrets to control your drinking and she and I are going to teach them all LIVE in a special 3-day FREE virtual event. Learn the Three Secrets to Control Your Drinking (and make changes instantly) live with us! Don’t miss this amazing event – learn more and save your spot today at ControlAlcoholLive.com. We can’t wait to see you there!
And as always, rate, review and subscribe to this podcast as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today!
Highlights of trauma and alcohol – Kat’s story:
There are great ways of dealing with PTSD but there are some bad ways too. Listen to Kat share how she went from self-medicating with gin to finding freedom from alcohol and learning how to take care of her mental health in the process.
- Kat shares her experience of using alcohol to help her navigate her difficulty talking in social situations about things unrelated to forensic anthropology.
- Kat shares how her doctor’s suggestion of joining AA was out of the question. She was a public servant and didn’t think she could be anonymous.
- While Kat was struggling with her mental health and turning to alcohol, her doctor recommended finding a different job. But that felt wrong to her because this is what she loves to do.
- Kat remembers the day she bought This Naked Mind in Barns and Noble. She wrapped the book in a grocery bag so that no one would know or see what she was reading.
- Annie Grace and Kat share how their drinking was affecting their relationships with their children.
- Kat shares how alcohol played a role in her life during the pandemic.
Listen to the entire podcast episode to hear about how The Alcohol Experiment changed everything for Kat’s journey to finding freedom from alcohol.
Share Your Story
Did This Naked Mind, The PATH, or The Alcohol Experiment help you find freedom from drinking? Share your story and you could be featured on an episode of This Naked Mind Podcast to inspire others. Find out how here!