When anxiety felt like it was taking over Karla’s life, she turned to the only thing society had taught her about numbing pain and worry. That was until her body was telling her that the alcohol was causing more pain than she could ever have imagined.
Tune in to find out how the science and knowledge inside of This Naked Mind helped Karla find freedom from alcohol and what Karla is doing to help others find freedom today.
This Naked Mind Institute
Are you realizing that there’s something more? That you’re so excited about this change in your life – Maybe you’ve put down the bottle for good – and you just want to pay it forward. You want to help others in their moments of need move through that discomfort. You wonder what it would feel like to celebrate your own journey by paying it forward and giving back what you’ve been given. Now is the time to find out! Enrollment is now open for our coaching certification program with This Naked Mind Institute.
In just six months, you can receive the training, the resources and tools you need to become our next certified coach. So that you can start your entrepreneurial journey or grow your already-existing business while helping thousands of others to find freedom, joy and happiness.
If you’re hearing that little voice calling, that says, “you’re meant for so much more in this journey.” Then I invite you to leave your comfort zone behind and learn more about becoming a certified coach at ThisNakedMindInstitute.com.
And as always, rate, review and subscribe to this podcast as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today!
Highlights of Numbing Pain and Worry – Karla’s Story:
Listen to Karla share how easy it was to fall into the pattern of masking her anxiety with alcohol:
- Karla talks shame and guilt around her level of drinking and how bad her health got.
- Not knowing any better because society has always said drinking is the norm and not drinking is strange.
- Karla shares her journey of hospitalization due to liver damage and the fear, guilt and shame around being in that situation.
- Karla thought that if she could give alcohol up for the 40 days of Lent, then at least that meant she didn’t really have a problem. But her body was telling her otherwise.
- In her late teens, alcohol seemed like the best medicine to overcome her physical anxiety attacks.
- Listen to Karla’s frustration around sending young adults off to college thinking it’s normal to drink and if someone doesn’t drink society tells us they are the weird ones.
Listen to the entire podcast episode to hear about how Karla has found a way to help other’s find freedom from alcohol as a certified This Naked Mind coach.
Share Your Story
Did This Naked Mind, The PATH, or The Alcohol Experiment help you find freedom from drinking? Share your story and you could be featured on an episode of This Naked Mind Podcast to inspire others. Find out how here!