Workit Health co-founder Robin McIntosh faced abuse disorders for much of her young life.
She attended some of the most prestigious rehabs to appease her family – But it all came to a head after a post-rehab drinking binge that ended in complete cut-off from her family.
Tune in to hear what special combination of treatment finally set Robin on a path to freedom from alcohol and eating disorders. And how she co-created a company that is now providing new, accessible and diverse options for recovery.
The Alcohol Experiment
Have you tried The Alcohol Experiment? Okay, if not, drop everything and go to AlcoholExperiment.com. This free 30-day challenge is designed to interrupt your patterns and put you back in touch with the best version of you. You remember, it was that version of you that’s living your most joyful life, the version that doesn’t need alcohol to relax or to have a good time, and is having more fun than ever. Again, this is a totally free challenge that will change everything for you. So learn more and join me 100% free at AlcoholExperiment.com.
And as always, rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast, as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today!
Highlights of Workit with Robin McIntosh
Robin was around alcohol from as early as she can remember. Check out the highlights to find out how it all took a turn after high school:
- Robin comes from a long line of people struggling with abuse disorders
- In 6th grade a family tragedy set her up for her own journey with alcohol and eating disorders
- When she came back from boarding school, she attended treatment centers in the U.S.
- After several stays at different rehabs she found sobriety for 90 days and visited her parents
- While her parents were out, she found alcohol and drank until blacking out – Her father told her she was cut-off from their support
- Robin was finally on-board with treatment and received a special combo of meds, therapy and support from friends and family
- After her hollow experience with treatment centers, she dedicated her life to creating a platform that would help people find freedom in one accessible and affordable place
- Workit Health is a virtual clinic that helps people struggling with use disorders and many other conditions – to find the freedom and success they are longing for
Listen to the entire podcast to hear Robin and Annie discuss the importance of diverse treatment for the different types of people and addictions in the world.
Share Your Story
Did This Naked Mind, The PATH, or The Alcohol Experiment help you find freedom from drinking? Share your story and you could be featured on an episode of This Naked Mind Podcast to inspire others. Find out how here!