Christie began soothing herself with alcohol after a significant loss in her life. She simply wanted to “stop feeling the pain.”
Though she always drank less than everyone else she knew, an inner voice was telling her that she was meant for more.
Check out how The Alcohol Experiment gave her the tools she needed to face her emotions head-on without the crutch of alcohol.
The PATH: Freedom Accelerated
I am so excited to announce our newly recalibrated signature program – The PATH: Freedom Accelerated. This 90-day program is designed to make freedom from alcohol quicker, more accessible, and more affordable than ever before. Imagine if just 90-days from now you discover a new freedom without feeling like you’re hanging onto willpower by your fingernails, without feeling deprived or like you are missing out, and without shame, guilt and blame.
The PATH: Freedom Accelerated provides a guided, almost hypnotic, sequence of content that speaks not only to your conscious mind but also to your subconscious – actually changing your desire for a drink. Plus, you will receive daily accountability and support from our coaches and our community. If you feel like you have lost control of your drinking, there is a solution – One that’s easier than you might think, and doesn’t involve rules, missing out, or deprivation. I would love for you to join us. Go to NakedMindPath.com to learn more.
And as always, rate, review and subscribe to this podcast as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today!
Highlights of Soothing Herself with Alcohol- Christie’s Story
Christie’s journey with alcohol started out as a bonding mechanism with a close friend. Check out the highlights of her story:
- Christie began drinking at the age of 15 with a close friend – They bonded and felt rebellious
- Drinking turned into a social outlet in her 20’s at clubs and bars
- After experiencing a miscarriage, alcohol became a way of soothing the emotions she wished to escape
- When she started her family, she experienced postpartum depression and again turned to alcohol for relief
- She dreaded waking up at 3am and the anxiety and sickness she would feel
- Her decision to try to quit came after a spiritual experience of an inner voice telling her she was meant for more
- The tools provided in The Alcohol Experiment helped Chrisite escape the cognitive dissonance she was stuck in
- Now she centers herself inward everytime she struggles with an emotion instead of reaching for an outside substance
Listen to the entire podcast to hear Christie discuss what it’s like to be AF while her husband continues to drink.
Share Your Story
Did This Naked Mind, The PATH, or The Alcohol Experiment help you find freedom from drinking? Share your story and you could be featured on an episode of This Naked Mind Podcast to inspire others. Find out how here!