Rapper Dax’s latest hit ‘Dear Alcohol’ started as a poem that he wrote while he was still drinking. He wrestled with the question of whether he could quit if he wanted to and became curious about what life could be like without the crutch of alcohol.
The success of the song and the positivity he has received from listeners has kept Dax on an AF journey that is helping him feel fully present and more confident than ever.
Tune in to hear how Dax’s journey with alcohol began and how finding freedom has helped him deepen his connection with himself in the world.
FREE Three-Day Virtual Event
Are you ready to make instant changes to your drinking? The answer is not in restriction or deprivation. And, you don’t need more self control. I am here to tell you that you can break your patterns and habits and finally feel liberated from alcohol. You can return to a life where alcohol is small and irrelevant for you, a non-issue, take it or leave it. In fact, I have three secrets to control your drinking and I am going to teach them all LIVE in a special 3-day FREE virtual event from June 6-8. Learn the Three Secrets to Control Your Drinking (and make changes instantly) live with us! Save your spot today at ControlAlcoholLive.com. We can’t wait to see you there!
And, as always – rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast, as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today!
Highlights of ‘Dear Alcohol” with Dax
Alcohol didn’t enter Dax’s life until he was 17 due to his unwavering dedication to his basketball career. Check out the highlights of his story:
- At the age of 17 Dax had his first drink alone to fully experience the affects it had on him
- With the aid of alcohol, he experienced confidence to do things he had been too nervous to do – He wanted to become that person full-time
- He went on to play basketball at the University of Montana which kept him off of drugs but alcohol was still part of his weekends
- While still in college, he worked in the art department and discovered his affinity for the arts and his ability to write poetry
- His writing transitioned into poetry music videos and eventually a touring music career
- Alcohol was a big part of touring and helped him have confidence to perform and do interviews, etc.
- His hit song, ‘Dear Alcohol’ started out as a poem that he wrote while still drinking. It talked about the questions he asked himself about why he felt the need to drink
- When he released the song he realized that if he put it out into the world he would have to “walk the line” with an AF lifestyle
- The support and positivity he has received has kept him on his AF journey. Today he feels more confident than he ever imagined he could without the aid of alcohol
Listen to the entire podcast to hear Annie and Dax discuss the possibility of drinking again in the future.
Share Your Story
Did This Naked Mind, The PATH, or The Alcohol Experiment help you find freedom from drinking? Share your story and you could be featured on an episode of This Naked Mind Podcast to inspire others. Find out how here!