Michael started frequenting pubs at an early age, but in his early 30s began to question the connection between alcohol and the mental health issues he was experiencing.
He slowed down for a while but it wasn’t long before he returned to the booze. When he decided to truly quit, he was surprised to find his irritability was gone.
Find out how he is now relishing in feeling fully present to every moment with his new alcohol-free life.
The Alcohol Experiment Expanded Edition
Hi. Super exciting news. So The Alcohol Experiment book is being released. Actually it got released just a few days ago with the expanded edition. What does expanded edition mean? It means that every single day throughout the book there are deep reflective journal entries that have been added with space to write which is so cool and so exciting. So you really make it your own. And, the reason I did this is because I truly believe that the deepest wisdom you will access throughout the 30 days of The Alcohol Experiment comes from within you. You know more about what’s best for you than anybody else in the entire world. And I know sometimes that can be hard to believe but when you really access your own wisdom it is so profound. So you can pick up your own copy at alcoholexperimentbook.com and check it out. It’s really powerful.
And as always, rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today!
Highlights of Alcohol and Mental Health – Michael O’s Story
Michael struggled with alcohol especially on holiday travels. Check out the highlights of his story:
- Michael drinks for the first time at the age of 14 and by 16 he gets into pubs with older friends
- He drank every weekend and would be out until 3 am, wake up and go to work without issues
- As he continued with this pattern, he began to notice his hangovers getting worse into his 30’s
- He struggled with anxiety and Googled “alcohol and mental health”
- Michael would attempt moderation and try to stick to certain drinking rules on and off. But ultimately he’d end up drinking again
- He read This Naked Mind for a second time, and this time it finally sunk in
- He no longer experiences highs and lows or irritability – He is present in his life and is finding joy in all of the little things
Listen to the entire podcast to hear which other quit literature helped Michael along his journey.
Share Your Story
Did This Naked Mind, The PATH, or The Alcohol Experiment help you find freedom from drinking? Share your story and you could be featured on an episode of This Naked Mind Podcast to inspire others. Find out how here!