In this month’s coaching questions, This Naked Mind head coach Scott Pinyard welcomes TNM coach Marilin Colon. Marilin’s niche is helping cancer survivors and people who want to improve their overall health by changing their relationship with alcohol.
Join Marilin and Scott as they discuss the following listener’s questions:
- I’m in a constant state of panic and am triggered by all the things that are happening in the world. I fear not being able to stop drinking but don’t know how to manage it all. How can I work through this physical and mental feeling that is all-consuming?
- I’m struggling with my non-negotiable goal of not drinking when I’m home alone. I’m having trouble committing to it and often slip back into mindless drinking (even though I know relaxation fades after the first glass.) Please help me find strategies to commit.
Tune in to find out how the coaches answer these questions. Be sure to check out Marilin’s important message about her personal journey with alcohol and surviving breast cancer.
100 Days of Lasting Change
Let me ask you a question. What is better than change? Lasting change, of course. If you’ve had trouble making change stick, either with alcohol or in any other area of your life, you are in for a treat. I created the 100 Days of Lasting Change to ensure that we don’t just change for a moment, but we truly transform for a lifetime. This program is so close to my heart. Thousands of people have been through it, and their results are incredible. But don’t take my word for it, check it out at thisnakedmind.com/100days.
And as always, rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today!
Highlights of Cancer Survivors and Alcohol – Coach Marilin
Marilin’s powerful story as a cancer survivor includes discovering her “why”. This motivated her to find freedom from alcohol and focus on her overall health. Check out the highlights for how she is helping others do the same:
- Marilin drank through her breast cancer treatment and was shocked to learn the statistics of the link between alcohol and cancer
- 1 in 8 women are diagnosed with breast cancer and alcohol increases the rate of breast cancer by 17% with 3 drinks per week
- Her goal was to become the healthiest version of herself so that cancer did not become a recurrence in her life. The one thing she could do was control her diet and her drinking
- Marilin was shocked to find out that nutritionists say that it’s okay to drink as long as you’re moderating. And her oncologist didn’t recommend that she stop drinking at all
- Her mission is to bring awareness and get the word out about cancer and alcohol. As well as the importance of awakening self-compassion and grace during the process of finding freedom
Listen to the entire podcast to hear Scott and Marilin discuss the idea of a non-negotiables. And how to shift your goals for a more successful outcome.
Share Your Story
Did This Naked Mind, The PATH, or The Alcohol Experiment help you find freedom from drinking? Share your story and you could be featured on an episode of This Naked Mind Podcast to inspire others. Find out how here!