Alcohol robs us of many things – for Steve, that included his longtime boyfriend, Ryan dying from alcohol use.
This tragedy left Steve with unbearable guilt and pain. The best way for him to cope was by drinking. It took an ambulance trip to the hospital to force him to evaluate his own future.
Find out how This Naked Mind helped inspire him to bring conversations about alcohol use disorder to the mainstream media. Also, be sure to check out Steve’s deeply personal article featured in New York Magazine’s “The Cut”. See link below.
The PATH Launch
Hi, it’s Annie Grace. Are totally serious about actually truly and forevermore transforming your relationship with alcohol? Really leaving it behind in the rear view mirror for once and forever more, and changing your psychology about it? Then we have a program called The PATH that is created specifically for you. Now it’s not for you if you are still dabbling with alcohol. Or maybe even if you still want to moderate.
All those things are fine, but if you are beyond that and you’re like, “No, I just want to be done with this. And I’m ready to invest some time to just make this happen.” I want you to check out nakedmindpath.com. Join us in The PATH where you can truly make this lasting change you want in your life.
And as always, rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today!
Highlights of Dying From Alcohol Use – Steve’s Story
The LGBTQ community struggles with addictions of all types – Steve’s story was no exception. Check out the highlights of his journey:
- Steve came out of the closet in college and entered a world of binge drinking and partying
- In his 20’s, Steve started dating his longtime boyfriend, Ryan. Ryan worked in the service industry where alcohol was always present
- Steve had no idea how bad Ryan’s drinking was, until he starting finding hidden bottles around their apartment
- Years after their break-up Steve noticed Ryan’s eyes were jaundice and he feared the worst
- After Ryan’s death Steve turned to drinking to numb the pain
- After a weekend of drinking, Steve found himself struggling to breathe during a work-out class.
- When the doctor told him his liver enzymes were off, Steve decided it was time to make a change
- Steve read This Naked Mind and shifted his relationship with alcohol
- Steve is now honoring Ryan’s life by bringing conversations about alcohol use disorder to the mainstream media
Listen to the entire podcast to hear Annie and Steve discuss how alcohol use disorder is rarely discussed in U.S. news and media.
Share Your Story
Did This Naked Mind, The PATH, or The Alcohol Experiment help you find freedom from drinking? Share your story and you could be featured on an episode of This Naked Mind Podcast to inspire others. Find out how here!