A glass of wine at the end of a stressful day was normal for Susan, and she always considered it harmless gray area drinking – Until her pastor suggested she attend an AA meeting. Reluctantly, she went to the meeting and left with the idea that her self-worth was tied up in this one behavior – She was only “good” if she didn’t drink.
Find out how Susan was able to detangle this shame inducing experience and become “alive” to an AF lifestyle she is extremely proud of today.
FREE 3-Day Virtual Event
Are you ready to make instant changes to your drinking? The answer is not in restriction or deprivation. And, you don’t need more self control. I am here to tell you that you can break your patterns and habits and finally feel liberated from alcohol. You can return to a life where alcohol is small and irrelevant for you, a non-issue, take it or leave it. In fact, I have three secrets to control your drinking and I am going to teach them all LIVE in a special 3-day FREE virtual event from March 28-30. Learn the Three Secrets to Control Your Drinking (and make changes instantly) live with us! Save your spot today at ControlAlcoholLive.com. We can’t wait to see you there!
And as always, rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today!
Highlights of Self-Worth and Drinking – Susan’s Story
Susan in many ways lived life according to others expectations of her. Check out the details of her liberating story:
- Exposed to drinking in 8th grade – drank at a friends house to point of throwing up
- Stayed away from alcohol through high school and college – too busy with theater
- Had an active church life and job within the church – Abstained from alcohol
- As her family grew and her job shifted, she began drinking to relieve stress
- Her gray area drinking started when she began medical school – Studying for MBA, full-time job, caring for kids and overwhelmed
- Pastor suggested she attend an AA meeting – Susan was devastated and attended because it was in her obedient nature
- Went to AA for 8 months and quit drinking
- Susan told her sponsor that sometimes she desired a drink on special occasions; and this resulted in her sponsor kicking her out of AA
- Drinking ramped back up when life became more stressful – Joined a 21-day program and FB group
- Vacations knocked her of track and she began drinking again – When Covid hit, struggled to quit once again
- After constantly trying to make and keep rules she began saying, “Who cares?” And then she realized, “I care.”
- Enrolled in This Naked Mind Webinar – really resonated with the “alive” content
- She was able to tackle several special occasions and vacations AF and got through the hard times
- Is now a TNM coach and is helping others see that “It’s a lifestyle, not a life sentence”
Listen to the entire podcast to hear Annie sum up the “alive” content that resonated with Susan.
Share Your Story
Did This Naked Mind, The PATH, or The Alcohol Experiment help you find freedom from drinking? Share your story and you could be featured on an episode of This Naked Mind Podcast to inspire others. Find out how here!