In the final episode of Annie’s 4-part series, What I Wish I Knew Before My First Drink – Annie paints a picture of how the slide into alcohol can be similar to a bug attempting to drink from a pitcher plant.
Though we might believe we can simply fly away at any point, this slow hard-to-control journey can happen to any one of us. Tune in to hear the story.
The Alcohol Experiment Book
Hi. Super exciting news. So The Alcohol Experiment book is released in the expanded edition. What does expanded edition mean? It means that every single day throughout the book there are deep reflective journal entries that have been added with space to write which is so cool and so exciting. So you really make it your own. And, the reason I did this is because I truly believe that the deepest wisdom you will access throughout the 30 days of The Alcohol Experiment comes from within you. You know more about what’s best for you than anybody else in the entire world. And I know sometimes that can be hard to believe but when you really access your own wisdom it is so profound. So you can pick up your own copy at alcoholexperimentbook.com and check it out. It’s really powerful.
And as always, rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today!
Highlights of How Drinking Alcohol is Similar to a Pitcher Plant:
Alcohol can literally be a slippery slope. Check out the details below:
- When a bug attempts to drink from a pitcher plant the addictive liquid draws them in and keeps them drinking even when their life is unknowingly in danger
- They fall deeper and deeper into the plant until they hit the toxic pool of other dead bugs
- The temptation of drinking the addictive liquid has now consumed them and made them a part of the tempting solution
- Alcohol and the effects it has on the brain can seal a similar fate for some people – But it is disguised by the euphoric feelings you get with your initial drink
- Though we, like the bugs believe we can simply fly away at any point, it’s often easier said than done.
Listen to the entire podcast for two author’s Annie recommends you check out.
Share Your Story
Did This Naked Mind, The PATH, or The Alcohol Experiment help you find freedom from drinking? Share your story and you could be featured on an episode of This Naked Mind Podcast to inspire others. Find out how here!