In the third episode of Annie’s 4-part series, What I Wish I Knew Before My First Drink – Annie talks about the journey your blood alcohol content takes with one drink.
Find out how a few minutes of energetic-euphoria can leave you with hours of tired and depressed feelings.
The Alcohol Experiment
Have you tried The Alcohol Experiment? Okay, if not, drop everything and go to alcoholexperiment.com. This free 30-day challenge is designed to interrupt your patterns and put you back in touch with the best version of you. You remember, it was that version of you that’s living your most joyful life, the version that doesn’t need alcohol to relax or to have a good time, and is having more fun than ever. Again, this is a totally free challenge that will change everything for you. So learn more and join me 100% free at alcoholexperiment.com.
And as always, rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast, as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today!
Highlights of The Blood Alcohol Content Journey
Our brain doesn’t connect negative feelings with the alcohol in our glass. Check out the highlights to find out why:
- Alcohol is a stimulant and a depressant
- One drink sends our blood-alcohol content (BAC) soring – leaving us happy, energetic and light-headed (for about 18-20 min)
- The body identifies alcohol as a toxin that must leave the body – In response, your BAC takes a nose-dive
- With this decreased BAC you are now left feeling tired, sad and anxious. Which can last for 2-3 hours
- Our brain doesn’t connect these negative emotions with alcohol because it just made us feel great a little bit ago
- In response, we reach for another drink in pursuit of that euphoric feeling once again
- This unfair trade leaves us with many HOURS of uneasiness and zapped energy
Listen to the entire podcast to hear what we tend to blame INSTEAD of the alcohol for our lousy feelings.
Share Your Story
Did This Naked Mind, The PATH, or The Alcohol Experiment help you find freedom from drinking? Share your story and you could be featured on an episode of This Naked Mind Podcast to inspire others. Find out how here!