As an extroverted sales woman in the tech industry, Andrea thrived in a culture which included wining and dining clients on a regular basis.
Her curiosity of a new norm didn’t come after she hit rock bottom. So what was it that piqued her interest in breaking free from her workplace drinking culture? Tune in to find out!
This Naked Life Book
Hey, it’s Annie Grace. I want to tell you about the most important book that I never wrote. I mean that. This is This Naked Life. It is 48 true stories of people finding freedom from alcohol. And, it’s so inspiring. It’s our stories, as you know from this podcast, that truly change us, that revolutionize what we believe is possible for ourselves. So, it’s This Naked Life. You can find it on Amazon, or check it out online at nakedlifestories.com. And every single copy, all the proceeds, are 100% committed to keeping The Alcohol Experiment forever free for anybody who needs it. Check it out. It’s such an inspirational book.
And as always, rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today!
Highlights of Wining and Dining Clients – Andrea’s Story
Exposure to drinking at a young age set Andrea on a path toward enhanced socializing and illegal activity. Check out the highlights for details on where her life went from there:
- Starting drinking at age 14 – Fake i.d. got her into bars
- Alcohol-laced parties took her extroversion to the next level
- Drank through high school and college – Covering up hard times at home
- Became waitress in high end restaurant – Entered the world of fine wines
- Took a job in software sales – Working for biggest tech companies in world
- Alcohol big part of her career – Close deals and celebrate/wine and dine clients
- Realized her heaviest drinking was when she was alone
- Therapist recommended This Naked Mind – “Made me feel normal”
- Decided she didn’t want alcohol to be the focus anymore
- Read TNM and did a 12-step program
- Friendships have evolved and Andrea is coming into her “better self” alcohol-free
Listen to the entire podcast to hear how Andrea continues to embrace friends who drink while staying true to her new booze-free lifestyle.