Kristian leads an exciting life in extreme sports and endurance competitions—which always seem to end with beer tents at the finish line. Without question, post-race celebrations always included alcohol.
When his life began requiring adjustments to accommodate a new diagnosis of celiac disease, he started questioning that familiar party substance that was also making him feel unwell. Find out how a lesson in science and facts in This Naked Mind helped him make a decision that led to a physically and mentally healthier future.
This Naked Life Book
Hey, it’s Annie Grace. I want to tell you about the most important book that I never wrote. I mean that. This is This Naked Life. It is 48 true stories of people finding freedom from alcohol. And, it’s so inspiring. It’s our stories, as you know from this podcast, that truly change us, that revolutionize what we believe is possible for ourselves. So, it’s This Naked Life. You can find it on Amazon, or check it out online at nakedlifestories.com. And every single copy, all the proceeds, are 100% committed to keeping The Alcohol Experiment forever free for anybody who needs it. Check it out. It’s such an inspirational book.
And as always, rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today!
Highlights of Avoiding Beer at the Finish Line – Kristian’s Story
You train hard, you drink hard. That is the deeply ingrained social acceptance in the extreme sports world. Find out how soaking up all the data and science behind alcohol made quitting a no-brainer for Kristian. Check out the highlights:
- Grew up in Australia’s drinking culture
- Played sports and avoiding drinking for a while
- Started competitive snowboarding – Work hard/drink hard
- Had an experience where wine tasted toxic – Maybe try taking a break
- Personal trainer friend told him about This Naked Mind
- Attempted to not drink over the holidays – Positive outcome
- Begins dealing with difficult emotions he’s been numbing w/ alcohol
- Finds freedom that changes both his physical and mental health for good
Listen to the entire podcast to hear Kristian and Annie discuss how it’s difficult to find freedom with a label attached to you.