As a Mrs. America contestant, Jamie prides herself in using her national platform to create alcohol use disorder awareness – a topic that is very near and dear to her.
Tune in to hear her story of how she went from using alcohol to combat her postpartum depression to a life rooted in family, health and self. Jamie’s contagious ambition will have you reconsidering how to set new expectations in your own life.
The Alcohol Experiment Book
Hi. Super exciting news. So The Alcohol Experiment book is being released. Actually it got released just a few days ago with the expanded edition. What does expanded edition mean? It means that every single day throughout the book there are deep reflective journal entries that have been added with space to write which is so cool and so exciting. So you really make it your own. And, the reason I did this is because I truly believe that the deepest wisdom you will access throughout the 30 days of The Alcohol Experiment comes from within you. You know more about what’s best for you than anybody else in the entire world. And I know sometimes that can be hard to believe but when you really access your own wisdom it is so profound. So you can pick up your own copy at alcoholexperimentbook.com and check it out. It’s really powerful.
And as always, rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today!
Highlights of A Platform for Alcohol Use Disorder Awareness – Jamie’s Story
Jamie never dreamed that she would be a pageant contestant, but she needed some place to put her extra energy after finding freedom from alcohol. Check out the highlights:
- Grew up with a single mom who struggled with alcohol
- Struggled with addiction to opioids and alcohol in high school
- After birth of son, battled postpartum depression – Used alcohol to escape
- Tried for several years to quit drinking – Wanted to be responsible for her family
- Husband left in response to her drinking
- Sober curious for 4 years
- Read This Naked Mind – opened up doors in her brain
- Gets her drinking under control; reunites with husband – Big part of her sobriety
- Constantly sets expectations for herself in social situations to maintain an AF life
- Got into pageantry to bring awareness to alcohol use disorder on a national level
Listen to the entire podcast to find out how you can follow Jamie on her journey to the Mrs. America competition in Las Vegas and join her cause.