As a child in foster care, Stacey found herself struggling to lead two different lives. As she got older, a debilitating anxiety took hold and alcohol seemed to help her through it. But she quickly found herself off course and feeling insignificant.
Find out how Stacey’s curiosity and small moments of success opened doors that led her to a freedom she now feels inside and out.
The PATH Launch
Hi, it’s Annie Grace. I wanted to interrupt this podcast, I guess the end of this podcast, to say that if you are totally serious about actually truly and forevermore transforming your relationship with alcohol, really leaving it behind in the rear view mirror for once and forever more, and changing your psychology about it, we have a program called The PATH that is created specifically for you. Now it’s not for you if you are still dabbling or still trying to figure out where you want to be or maybe even still want to moderate.
All those things are fine, but if you are beyond that and you’re like, “No, I just want to be done with this. I’m ready to invest some time and I’m ready to just make this happen.” I want you to check out nakedmindpath.com, and join us in The PATH where you can truly make this lasting change you want in your life. And as always, rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today!
Highlights of A Bad Combination: Anxiety and Alcohol – Stacey’s Story
Stacey continued to try to cope with her anxiety in the best ways she knew how. Check out the highlights of her story.
- Parents struggled with alcohol and mental health
- Went into foster care at the age of six
- Felt like she was living a double life (feeling safe vs. vulnerable/caretaker)
- Anxiety struck when she simply left the house
- Started drinking to calm her anxiety
- Romanticized alcohol (associated it with a good time/reward)
- Became curious about her lack of energy
- Read This Naked Mind and other books about alcohol’s effect on the body
- Attempted to stop drinking (many day one’s)
- Became obsessive about her sober date
- Pandemic caused a fear of what alcohol does to immune system
- Small moments of success added up to finally finding freedom!
Listen to the entire podcast to find out what Stacey’s anxiety is like after one year of living alcohol free.