It was normal for Elizabeth Vargas to deal with the pressures of her high-profile career in television with drinks after work. On top of that, she felt a need to numb her deep-rooted anxiety that clouded over her since childhood, but ultimately she began to feel the misery outweighing the magic that alcohol provided.
As she continued to function at a very high level, with relapse seeming like a normal occurrence, she finally found freedom when everyone backed off and stopped judging her journey.
Tune in to hear how she is now helping to forge a supportive community devoted to helping others find their own freedom.
The Alcohol Experiment
Have you tried The Alcohol Experiment? Okay, if not, drop everything and go to alcoholexperiment.com. This free 30-day challenge is designed to interrupt your patterns and put you back in touch with the best version of you. You remember, it was that version of you that’s living your most joyful life, the version that doesn’t need alcohol to relax or to have a good time, and is having more fun than ever. Again, this is a totally free challenge that will change everything for you. So learn more and join me 100% free at alcoholexperiment.com.
And as always, rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast, as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today!
Highlights of An End to Drinks After Work with Elizabeth Vargas
When it was clear to Elizabeth that she wanted to change her relationship with alcohol, attempts to end the cycle became more difficult than she ever imagined. Here are the highlights of her journey:
- Intense abandonment anxiety as a child – Tried to hide it from others
- Job in high pressure TV news – Drinks after work was the norm
- Started drinking entire bottles of wine which led to intense hangovers
- Drank to combat hangovers – Her survival mechanism
- Led to drinking to forget how ‘not okay’ she was
- Entered her first rehab – Left due to denial
- Slid back into drinking – Felt like there was no support to fall back on
- Entered second rehab – Very bad experience
- Two days out of rehab she was publicly outed
- Began reading others’ stories of recovery – Inspiration to write a book
- Decided to tell her own story instead of others telling it for her
- Dedicated to helping others through her story – Book, podcast, partnership
Listen to the entire podcast to hear Elizabeth’s take on what needs to turn around in the United States to help people seeking help with addiction.
Share Your Story
Did This Naked Mind, The PATH, or The Alcohol Experiment help you find freedom from drinking? Share your story and you could be featured on an episode of This Naked Mind Podcast to inspire others. Find out how here!