On this month’s coaching episode, This Naked Mind Head Coach Scott Pinyard welcomes TNM coach, Lorna Wilson. Lorna specializes in people using alcohol over 60 who want to change their habits. Sometimes this switch can be difficult and Lorna explains why by sharing her own story:
Nearing retirement doesn’t mean all stress from life magically disappears and Lorna found her relief in a bottle of wine. But just like many of her clients, she began to take a look at her life and health and reflect on what had happened.
Lorna’s freedom was found in her curiosity which led her to pick up a copy of This Naked Mind. Find out why ‘alcohol=ethanol’ hit home so deeply for her and where curiosity led her from there.
Lorna and Scott also answer these inquisitive questions:
- How have you seen people handle a widening gap in their marriage due to one spouse continuing to use alcohol when the other is AF?
- How do you let go of the guilt and shame of things you’ve said and done while intoxicated?
- Have you seen people at the age of 73 change their drinking habits? Is it worth it?
Join them in the conversation, and be sure to listen until the end to find out Lorna’s answer to Scott’s curveball question.
The Intensive Program
Are you ready for a deep dive into truly lasting change? If so, you might consider my Intensive Program. It’s a 9-week, self-led program that you can do in the complete comfort of your own home. It will truly transform your relationship with alcohol. If you want to learn more about this, go to thisnakedmind.com/intensive.
And, as always – rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast, as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today!
Alcohol Over 60 with Lorna Wilson
Approaching retirement doesn’t mean you’re free from the alcohol culture that surrounds us. Check out the highlights for Lorna’s tips on freedom from alcohol after 60:
- How curiosity helped Lorna change her relationship with alcohol
- Why change is possible at any age
- The key thing to focus on when approaching an AF lifestyle
- How discounting ourselves and our age can set us up for failure
- Why discovering how you want your life to be is never a waste of time
Be sure to listen to the entire podcast to hear Scott and Lorna tackle questions about alcohol and marriage and shame and guilt. It’s a good one, don’t miss any of it!