On this month’s coaching episode, This Naked Mind Head Coach Scott Pinyard welcomes This Naked Mind Senior Coach Pam McRae as his guest host. After a brief discussion about Pam’s work specializing in helping people through grief and loss while staying alcohol free, they answer three great questions:
- If I am not an alcoholic, what am I? How can I explain my situation to people?
- How do you manage a partner who doesn’t want to cut back on their alcohol consumption?
- With COVID I feel like I’ve lost my life; I am alcohol free but really starting to struggle – do you have any tips for how to deal with where I am right now?
And, finally, Scott tosses his signature curveball question to Pam.
Let me ask you a question. What is better than change? Lasting change, of course. If you’ve had trouble making change stick, either with alcohol or in any other area of your life, you are in for a treat. I created the 100 Days of Lasting Change to ensure that we don’t just change for a moment, but we truly transform for a lifetime. This program is so close to my heart. Thousands of people have been through it, and their results are incredible. But don’t take my word for it, check it out at thisnakedmind.com/100days.
As always, rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today!
Highlights of Alcohol and Grief with Pam McRae
Pam and Scott discuss so much in this podcast including the intersection of alcohol and grief. Here are the highlights –
- how alcohol and grief intersect – the 5 stages
- A feeling felt is a feeling dealt
- The only way out is through
- If you don’t believe that you suit that alcoholic term or label, then change it up
- Define where you’re going
- The importance of setting your own goals and asking for support
- Changing relationship dynamics
- Celebrate where you are
This podcast covers so much more than alcohol and grief – make sure to tune in and listen!