Today’s question is one Annie Grace hears a lot. A reader writes that they are drinking again and can’t seem to stop. Quitting the first time was easy and they thought they could have one or two and now they’re stuck drinking again. How can this process be worth it if you feel like you keep failing at it? Why continue down this road if all you do is keep hitting bumps? Start by remembering the journey to finding freedom from alcohol is not a straight line, and listen as Annie shares a few ideas for dealing with the twists and turns.
I’m so excited you guys, because we are just about to start another live alcohol experiment. If you do not know about the alcohol experiment, you need to literally drop everything right now and go to thisnakedmind.com/lae. That’s L-A-E for Live Alcohol Experiment. And here’s the thing, this 30 day challenge is designed to interrupt your patterns and put you back in touch with the best version of you. You’ll know it’s that version that’s living the most joyful life. That version that doesn’t need alcohol to relax or have a good time. And that version that’s having more fun and is more peaceful than ever. Again, it’s a 30 day challenge. It’s live. It’s starting on the 1st so hurry up, go to thisnakedmind.com/lae.
And as always, rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast, as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today !
Highlights Episode 360 – Why Did I Start Drinking Again?
It’s easy to beat ourselves up when we start drinking again but that never gets us very far. Annie offers great advice on what to do instead!
- The journey isn’t linear
- It can be years of trying to drink less, trying to moderate behavior, trying to change behavior, trying to take breaks
- Why am I doing this, to begin with?
- Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly.
- Get rid of the false belief that this should be easy
- Sometimes the bumps in the road are actually part of the journey.
- We learn so much more when something happens that we would categorize as a failure or a mistake
- Just because you start drinking again doesn’t mean you failed
- We only learn when we stop and get curious and ask why.
- You can fix what’s broken.
Tune in to the complete podcast for tips on what to do when you start drinking again.
Special music thank you to the Kevin MacLeod Funkorama (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License