What do you do when you’ve stopped drinking but your partner still does? When their drinking is a turnoff and the taste of alcohol on their breath grosses you out? How do you dive into this difficult conversation with someone you love? Do you rip off the bandaid and just go for it or is there a better strategy? Annie Grace offers her thoughts on a courageous reader’s vulnerable question.
Are you ready for a deep dive into truly lasting change? If so, you might consider my Intensive Program. It’s a 9-week, self-led program that you can do in the complete comfort of your own home. It will truly transform your relationship with alcohol. If you want to learn more about this, go to thisnakedmind.com/intensive.
As always, rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast, as it truly helps the message reach somebody who might need to hear it today.
Start reading This Naked Mind for free today !
Highlights of How To Try Sober Sex
- Sober sex is great, but sober sex when you’re with somebody who’s drinking is not so great.
- Sex as a conversation, in general, is probably one of the most intense and vulnerable conversations you can have with your partner
- What do you want the outcome to be? How do you want to feel and how do you want them to feel?
- Encourage curiosity not defensiveness when you try sober sex
- Architect a conversation that would bring the two of you closer
- The best types of conversations are the most playful types of conversations
- Make sure the good points outweigh the bad
- Be intentional
Make sure to tune into the complete podcast for more tips on how to try sober sex.
Special music thank you to the Kevin MacLeod Funkorama (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License